The objective is for children to be introduced to the sport of running and track and field.
- Focus is on fun and learning the elements of running such as warm up, cool down and stretching.
- Children will also be introduced to long jump, hurdles and relay.
- Sneakers and comfortable clothing are mandatory.
- Bring a snack and water.
- Instructor: Mary Marsters
- Mashpee Rec. Staff will pick up KCC students at dismissal and walk them over to Quashnet. Children will need to be picked up from the program at the Quashnet School.
- The Mashpee Recreation Department is working closely with the Board of Health and following the latest COVID information released by the State of Massachusetts. We will continue to monitor the Town of Mashpee case numbers while implementing all guidelines put forth by the state. Therefore, we reserve the right to discontinue any program at any time should the town or state feel it is in the best interest of the health and safety of our community. Please take the time to review each programs modifications that have been implemented to ensure all our participants safety. We encourage you to contact the Recreation Department directly with any questions or concerns that you may have at 508-539-1416
- Participants will be encouraged to maintain 6 feet of separation between one another and wear face coverings at all times
- If participants do not have their own equipment, it will be provided for that day and cleaned between sessions. Equipment should not be shared
- All participants will be required to bring their own labeled water bottle
- Hand sanitizer will be available and participants are encouraged to use it often